Politique de confidentialité
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
All the personal data that you provide on the website (www.checkinhoteles.com) will be processed by the company CHECKIN PALAFOLLS S.L. (hereinafter, CHECKIN) with registered office at Calle Ramón Turró nº 2, local 2, Palafolls (08389 - Barcelona).
What do we use your personal data for?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- 1. Contact: To manage your personal data when you contact CHECKIN through the contact form. Your data will also be processed in order to manage your bookings and the queries you send us through the channels enabled for this purpose on our website.
- 2. Registration in the Customer Area/Bookings: To administrate your registration in the Customer Area, as well as other additional data that may be generated in order to manage the requests that you may register through the Customer Area, and in summary, derived from your relationship with us. By registering in the Customer Area or by making a reservation you will be able to: manage the data included in it and contract products and services offered by CHECKIN and third parties.
- 3. Contracting products and services: To administrate the contracting of products and services, as well as subsequent data that may be derived from the relationship with CHECKIN. Information regarding your credit card details, amongst other data, will be requested during the booking process. Such information will be communicated to the payment service provider. This request will be made with the main purpose of validating the credit card and confirming the payment of the services, both necessary to contract the product or service.
- 4. Advertising our own products and services: CHECKIN may send you, by postal mail, email, SMS and other means of electronic communication, general or tailor-made advertising related to our own services.
- 5. Data storage for sending advertising of CHECKIN products and services: As long as you authorize it, CHECKIN will use your personal data to send you advertising, both general and tailor-made, related to our own services and establishments once the contractual relationship and your stay at our Hotels are finished.
- 6. Advertising of products and services from CHECKIN partners: Only under request, your data will be used to send you, either by postal mail, email, SMS and other means of electronic communication, general or tailor-made advertising. Such advertising will be related to services and products of third parties located in our hotels or belonging to the same business group as CHECKIN and related to the restaurant, hospitality and tourism industry. Likewise, and after you have given us your consent, CHECKIN will be entitled to communicate your personal data to these companies so that they can send you advertising of their products.
- 7. Video surveillance: The majority of CHECKIN hotels are equipped with video surveillance cameras to guarantee your safety as well as that of employees and third parties. All the CHECKIN hotels with such security measures have specific signalling.
The purposes of processing such data are: Control and surveillance of the hotel, its users and their belongings, as well as video surveillance and control of access to facilities and restricted areas;
The legal basis for processing your personal data is CHECKIN’S legitimate interest.
Personal data will be kept for a maximum of 30 days unless we are requested to comply with the corresponding legal duties.
To exercise your rights of access, modification, cancellation, restriction, objection, suppression and portability of your personal data you can send a request to CHECKIN: firstname.lastname@example.org or Customer Service (Re: Personal Data), Calle Ramón Turró nº 2, local 2, Palafolls (08389 - Barcelona), attaching a photocopy of your Identity Card, Passport or an equivalent document, and indicating the right you want to exercise.
Ultimately, we inform you that you can file a claim with the Spanish Agency for Data Protection (www.agpd.es).
- 8. Other channels: We can also contact you and collect your personal data through other channels such as telephone, email, apps owned by CHECKIN or through social networks. In such cases we will inform you about the purposes for which we will use your data and we will request your consent through each of these channels.
What type of personal data do we collect and from where do we get it?
The processed data come from:
- Data provided by you, through the completion of the corresponding forms.
- Data derived from the provision of the service. This category includes the browsing data that you indirectly provide us through the public website or your access to the Customer and Booking Area and that arise from the provision and maintenance of this activity.
- Data collected from market studies in which you have agreed to participate and based on your consent.
- Data provided by or transferred to third parties (after your consent) that render outsourced services in CHECKIN hotels (e.g. Telecommunication networks, Internet access, excursions, etc). Depending on the service, the processed data can be:
· Identifying data (e.g. name, surname, Identity Card or Passport, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number).
· Economic and operational data related to transactions carried out in the CHECKIN facilities (e.g. consumptions).
· Data about transactions of goods and services (e.g. payments for provided services)
· Data about commercial information (e.g. your personal interests in products or services).
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
The processing of your data from "Contact" and "Registration to the Customer Area / Booking / My Bookings" and other communication channels at your disposal, are based on the fulfilment of your request and, when appropriate, for the provision of the contracted services.
Likewise, the legal basis for processing the personal data derived from the contracting is the execution of the contract for the provision of CHECKIN services or products (according to the terms and conditions that appear on the website).
Sending advertising of our own products may be based on the legitimate interest of CHECKIN when you register in the Customer Area or hire a service or make a reservation.
In all other cases, as well as when the advertising is from third parties, the processing of your data will be based on the consent that you have given us. Such consent will be valid as long as you do not request the suppression or objection to the processing of your personal data.
The enrichment of your data with external sources is based on your consent.
Who do we share your personal data with?
The data collected by CHECKIN from "Contact" and "Customer Area Registration / My Bookings", may be communicated to the companies of the CHECKIN HOTELES Group, when needed for the management of your request or service:
- TOPCHECKIN HOTELES, S.L.
- CHECKIN CRISTIANOS, S.L.
- CHECKIN PUERTO, S.L.
- GARBÍ MARESME 2015, S.L.
- CHECKIN PINEDA, S.L.
- CHECKINPALAFOLLS, S.L.
- CHECKIN COMERCIAL 2020, S.L.
- CHECKINVEST 2020, S.L.
- UNIVERSAL SUNWORKS, S.L.
- TURINVEST MARESME, S.L.
Likewise, if you hire any of the services offered through the Customer Area, your data will be communicated to the payment service providers. When required by law, CHECKIN may communicate your data to the competent security bodies. There will be no international data transfers.
How long do we store personal data for?
Personal data will be kept for as long as necessary to provide the service or until you withdraw your consent. After that, your personal data will be deleted in accordance with the provisions of the data protection regulations. Such regulations imply blocking of the data, keeping them available only at the request of judges, courts, the public prosecutor or the competent public administrations for the purposes of determining any liability arising during the period of proscription. Once this period has elapsed, we will proceed to the complete deletion.
What are your rights?
Any interested party has the right to obtain confirmation about whether CHECKIN is processing personal information or not.
At the same time, as it is foreseen in the General Regulation of Data Protection, you have the following rights:
- Access: You have the right to know and access the personal information held by us about you.
- Rectification or deletion: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by CHECKIN about you or even request its deletion when, amongst other reasons, the data is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected for.
- Restrict processing: In certain circumstances, you will have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your data, in which case we inform you that we will only keep them in order to exercise or defend claims as provided in the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Portability: In certain circumstances, you will have the right to receive all the personal data you have given us in a structured format of common use and mechanical aspect, and share them with another company.
- Object: In certain circumstances and for reasons related to your particular situation, you will have the right to object to the processing of your data. In that case, we will stop processing them unless, there are compelling legitimate reasons, or in order to exercise or defend possible claims.
Likewise, you have the right, at any time, to oppose the sending of advertising by electronic means, both from CHECKIN and third parties. As well as the right to withdraw any of your consents, without affecting the prior processing based on that consent.
If you consider that you have not been able to exercise your rights properly, you may file a claim with the Spanish Agency for Data Protection at www.agpd.es.